6.09.2008

Update!

We are all doing very well & getting well adjusted to having a new little baby in the house. My mom flew in on Friday night, May 30th...just after Aidan was born, and was here until this past Friday. It was so nice to have her here. I know David enjoyed having her here to help juggle the girls so he could be at the hospital as much as possible. She was such a huge help when Aidan and I came home from the hospital as well! I couldn't have done it without her here! Thank you, Mom!

The girls have done very well getting adjusted to having another little person taking some of Mommy's attention. Ally got a cold 2 days before I had Aidan and Abby caught it while I was in the hospital, so that definitely didn't help matters at first. They weren't sleeping well and they felt miserable, but they were troopers! We definitely had our good moments and bad moments that first week.

This week, I've been on my own when David's been at work. Things have gone well, and I'm actually surprised at how easy it's been so far. I think Aidan is going to be a pretty good baby. Ladies from church are bringing us meals...which is such a blessing. It's very nice not to have to worry about fixing dinner, yet. David's been cooking a lot when we don't have meals, so I still haven't had to worry about it!

It's been extremely hot & humid here, so we haven't been outside all week. The humidity just takes your breath away as soon as you walk outside. I think it's supposed to cool off a little tomorrow, so hopefully we can get outside and burn off some energy!

Aidan is doing very well. He is eating regularly, about every 3 1/2-4 hrs, and is waking up on his own in the night! Other than that, he is sleeping! The girls can't believe how much he sleeps. He does seem to have his most awake time from 9:30-11:30 p.m. Definitely not the best time of day, because normally by then I am ready to crash. Hopefully that will change soon!

2 comments:

Mark and Laura said...

So precious. Congratulations and I'm glad you had a safe delivery. I having been checking your blog in hopes to find news. I'm glad everyone is adjusting well.

Joel, Heide, Lydia & Tessa said...

He is adorable! I can not wait to meet him and see all of you again! Hopefully in July!
Love and miss you guys!