11.06.2009

Baby #4....is on the way.....& is a BOY!

Yes, we are expecting our 4th child! We are excited that God has chosen to bless us with 4 children...2 girls & 2 boys. Yes, that's right, we are having a BOY! I am due March 14th...and although it has taken us some time to get used to having another baby so soon, we are getting excited. I had my ultrasound on Thursday & have found we have another VERY active little man as he changed positions many times throughout the ultrasound. Baby #4 weighs approximately 1 lb. 1 oz. & his heartrate was about 143 BPM. He is developing great & is healthy. Praise God! This is one thing I have been very nervous about this pregnancy. We have had so many friends and people we know either have trouble getting pregnant, have problems with miscarriages, or have problems with their children developmentally that it has made me feel that it just wouldn't be fair for us to have 4 healthy children. I praise God we do, but my heart goes out to those friends who have or are struggling with these things.

We do have one prayer request for Baby #4. At our ultrasound, the technician saw that the baby has renal pyelectasis. This is a dilation of the kidney(s) and a blockage between the kidney(s) & ureter. Although, the doctor did say this is a characteristic of down syndrome, 9 times out of 10 this will resolve itself throughout pregnancy. This is the only characteristic of down syndrome that was seen, so that is great! I will continue to have ultrasounds at my appointments until the doctor sees that this resolves itself. If it does not resolve itself before birth, the baby will have an ultrasound within the first week after birth and we'll go from there. So, please pray with us that this issue will be resolved during pregnancy!

Here are some ultrasound pictures...I don't think they are the best pictures I've seen, but that's ok!

Picture of Baby #4's Face with his mouth open...singing to us already!




Baby's Face & Arm/Hand



This one proves we are having another boy...even Abby was able to guess that!

No comments: