3.20.2008

Baby Boy Update

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and just thought I would quickly update. I had gone last Wednesday to have my glucose screening test done and the results really came back borderline, but they aren't going to make me sit through a 3-hour glucose testing since everything was fine with my previous pregnancies. I also gained 8 lbs. this month which is almost double what I've been gaining per month and it kind of worried me a little. The doctor said to watch my carbohydrate intake and eat more protein foods, but that it is common for babies to go through a little growth spurt around now and it could just be that as well. She did say that they baby measured right on track, so she didn't think he was any bigger than he should be (they did say that same thing about Ally though, too). :) They will be watching my weight gain closely, to try and prevent a big baby delivery, especially since Allyson was 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 2 weeks early. She said that, most likely, if I haven't delivered by 39 weeks, they will induce me. I also start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. I am feeling great, though...a little uncomfortable, but that's ok. This boy is very active...I thought the girls were active, but this one is something else. It's very fun!

1 comment:

Mark and Laura said...

Glad things are progressing well for you. With my last pregnancy I had one week where I gained 9 pounds and then the next time I went in I had lost 3. Don't worry too much about that.

Active babies are fun. Andrew was crazy active (and still is) and Josiah was so calm that sometimes I worried. =)

Keep hanging in there. It will be over soon!

Laura