4.11.2008

Easter 2008

Ok, I know...I am very behind on blogging, so I'm trying to play catch up. We've did have a very fun Easter with the girls this year. We, of course, went to church and the girls went on the annual egg hunt after the service and then we went to Texas Roadhouse with friends for lunch. (This has also become an annual tradition, believe it or not.) We came home and everyone took naps, and then the girls and decorated eggs and we gave them their Easter baskets. It was a fun day, but also a day that we were able to really emphasize (mostly to Abby) what Easter is really about. The story of Easter really came "alive" to her after her Preschool class at church. She really seemed to understand a little more about Jesus dying on the cross and that he came back to life. Just this past week, Pastor John's Grandma went home to be with the Lord. He was able to go to Ohio and be with her a couple days before she passed away and be with his family. This also has brought on some interesting conversations with Abby. Just this morning, she was telling me about Pastor John's Grandma and how she is in heaven now, but then asked me if she was going to come back to life. It may sound funny, but I know she was relating this to what Jesus did for us on the cross, but then came back to life. It was a very neat conversation to have with her. She doesn't forget anything and I know that soon, all of these little conversations we've been having with her will cause her to realize her need for Jesus to live in her heart so that she can go to heaven and be with him someday.

Here are some pictures from Easter!

1 comment:

Joel, Heide, Lydia & Tessa said...

Your hair looks super cute in that picture of you and the girls! I like it a lot! Thanks for putting all the pictures on here to keep us updated. We really appreciate it. I can not believe that Ally is 2. That means Lydia only has 3 months to go. Wow! The girl's room and your powder room look great! I like the border lowered a little like you have it instead of at the top. It adds dimension. Well, I will talk to you later.
Love,
Heide